Xs and Os Rice Krispies Treat™
These sweet and simple Valentine’s Day treats show you care with colorful icing X’s representing kisses and O’s for hugs. Fill a box and fill the heart of anyone you give them to!
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows or 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Chocolate frosting or melted chocolate
- Vanilla frosting or melted white chocolate
- Heart-shaped candies
- Plastic baggies or pastry bags
- 24 square baking cups
1. Follow the Kellogg's® Rice Krispies Treats™ Original Recipe on the back of cereal box.
2. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Let cool.
3. Cut cooled Rice Krispies Treats™ in to 2x2 inch squares.
4. Place frosting or melted chocolate in a plastic sandwich bag. Snip off one small corner of the bag. Pipe in X and O patterns.
5. Top with heart-shaped sprinkles.
6. Place on wax paper-lined baking sheet and let stand until set.
Notes: For an extra convenience, you can make these treats by cutting Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® Original bars in two and decorate with frosting and candies.