Winter CocoaMint Treats™
A wintry mix of chocolate and peppermint flavors makes these bars a tasty, snow-day recipe for you and the kids.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 5-1/2 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint flavoring
- 1 teaspoon chocolate flavoring
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and cocoa powder. Stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in peppermint and chocolate flavorings.
2. Add KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter, marshmallows and cocoa powder on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Add peppermint and chocolate flavorings, stirring until combined. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.