Very Cherry Treats™
These bright red treats have real dried cherries mixed right in for a tart and sweet summertime snack.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons cherry flavoring
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring (optional)
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in cherry flavoring and food coloring (if desired).
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal and dried cherries. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Add cherry flavoring and food coloring (if desired), stirring until combined. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.