Veggie Burgers - Rice Krispies®
Meet the new meatless burger! It's a tasty combination of whole grain brown rice, fresh mushrooms, bell peppers and shredded carrots.
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (8 oz.) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
1. In 12-inch non-stick fry pan, over medium heat, sauté onions and garlic in oil 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté 4 minutes longer or until mushrooms are just tender. Remove from heat.
2. Using metal blade, coarsely chop pecans in food processor. Add KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal, rice, green pepper, carrots, seasonings and mushroom Mixture. Pulse processor about 15 seconds or until mixture is a mealy consistency. Remove to mixing bowl and stir in egg whites. Divide mixture into 6 portions, about 1/2 cup each and shape into patties. Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
3. Broil 6 inches from heat, about 5 minutes per side or until browned. Serve hot on buns with lettuce and tomato or with chutney, if desired.