Meet the new meatless burger! It's a tasty combination of whole grain brown rice, fresh mushrooms, bell peppers and shredded carrots.
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (8 oz.) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
1. In 12-inch non-stick fry pan, over medium heat, saute onions and garlic in oil 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute 4 minutes longer or until mushrooms are just tender. Remove from heat.
2. Using metal blade, coarsely chop pecans in food processor. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, rice, green pepper, carrots, seasonings and mushroom Mixture. Pulse processor about 15 seconds or until mixture is a mealy consistency. Remove to mixing bowl and stir in egg whites. Divide mixture into 6 portions, about 1/2 cup each and shape into patties. Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
3. Broil 6 inches from heat, about 5 minutes per side or until browned. Serve hot on buns with lettuce and tomato or with chutney, if desired.