Under the Sea Treats
Guests will be so excited to reel in these cute little ocean critters at your next pool party or BBQ. Little ones just love to decorate them, too!
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Colored sugar
- Assorted candies
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Mini marshmallows
- Bamboo skewers
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 1-by-2½-inch rectangles.
4. Use cookie cutters to cut circles and stars. Dip the fronts of the stars into colored sugar to make starfish. Add candy eyes and a licorice mouth, adhering with frosting.
5. Cut two notches in some of the circles to make fish, forming a tail. Add a candy eye, licorice mouth and half a candy fruit slice for a fin. Cut mini marshmallows into thirds for scales. Attach everything to the Rice Krispies Treat with frosting.
6. For the crabs, add red licorice legs, candy eyes and a black licorice mouth. Cut red candy fruit slices into crab claws and stick on the end of a toothpick. Stick the other end of the toothpick into the sides of the crab. Thread each treat on a bamboo skewer to make pops if desired.
In a microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow remaining steps above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
-For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
-1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
-Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
-Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
-To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.