Two Pears in a Pod
This sweet and simple recipe is best when made in pairs. Your little one can help shape the pocket while you slice the fruit.
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 14 JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 1 1/3 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 large fresh pear, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 3 tablespoons seedless rasberry jam, melted
- 3 tablespoons chocolate ice cream topping
1. In small saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated. Cool slightly.
3. Using buttered hands shape mixture into four 6-inch-long pods. Cool.
4. On each dessert plate place one pod. Place two pear wedges in each. Drizzle with jam and ice cream topping. Serve immediately.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.