Twice-Baked Turkey Potatoes
Excellent fare for game day. These spicy meat- and cheese-stuffed potato skins make a hearty appetizer or lunch entrée.
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded, reduced fat Cheddar cheese
1. Cut cooled potatoes lengthwise. Scoop out potato to 1/4-inch of potato
skin, forming boat. Reserve potato for another use. Place skins in 15 1/2 x
10 1/2 x 1-inch jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In 4-quart saucepan, cook turkey, onions and garlic over medium heat,
stirring occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in tomatoes, salt,
seasonings and KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Cover and simmer
over low heat, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and
stir in carrots. Portion hot mixture evenly into potato skins. Sprinkle with
3. Bake at 375° F about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and potato
is hot. Serve hot.