Turkey Pop Treats®
Dip into melted chocolate, add a few candy corn "feathers," and pop these tasty turkeys on top of lollipop sticks for a cute and creative Thanksgiving dessert.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 24 lollipop sticks or wooden ice cream sticks
- 1 package (12 oz., 2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups candy corn
- 48 small white candies
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/4-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into 24 portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into ball. Insert lollipop stick into each. Place on wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate about 10 minutes or until firm.
4. In microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate morsels and oil. Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Dip each ball into chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Return to wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes more or until chocolate is almost set. Decorate with candy corn for tail feathers and beak, gently pressing candy into chocolate and cereal mixture. Press in white candies for eyes. Let stand until firm.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.