Trail Mix Treats™ - Rice Krispies®
Just mix in peanut butter, dried fruit, oats and sunflower seeds for an energy-filled after-school snack.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter or butter
- 20 JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 2 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until peanut butter melts.
2. Add KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal, oats, raisins and sunflower seeds. Stir until well coated.
3. Portion evenly into twenty 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray. Firmly press cereal mixture down into cups. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until firm. Use fork to lift treats out of cups.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
*Recipe image shows 2 servings.