Topiary Treats - Rice Krispies®
Sure, these are great for kids, but these elegant, edible place cards are so cute you might find yourself stealing the idea for your next grown-up party too.
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® Cereal
- 2 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 1/4 cup Nerds candy
- 1.5 tsp Butter
- 3 drops Green food coloring
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
1. Make a half batches of Rice Krispies Treats® using 1.5 tbsp of butter, 2 cups of JET-PUFFED miniature marshmallows and 3 cups of Rice Krispies® cereal. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Color the marshmallow green with food coloring before stirring into the cereal. Stir ¼ cup Nerds candy into the mixture.
2. With clean, greased hands roll mixture into balls about ⅓ cup-sized. Set aside.
3. Line a muffin tin with 8 cupcake papers. In the microwave melt 1-cup milk chocolate chips and stir into 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal to coat. Spoon chocolate-coated cereal into the cupcake papers.
4. Stick a milk chocolate chip on the pointed tip of a 6-inch bamboo skewer and place in the chocolate cereal-filled cupcakes papers so the chocolate chip sits on the bottom as a stabilizer. Press chocolate cereal around the skewer to hold it in place. Repeat for all the cups. Chill in fridge until chocolate is set.
5. Top each bamboo skewer with a green topiary ball before serving. Serve immediately.
Add a paper name tag to each topiary to create place setting markers or personalized favors.