Sure, these are great for kids, but these elegant, edible place cards are so cute you might find yourself stealing the idea for your next grown-up party too.
- 3 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 2 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 1/4 cup Nerds candy
- 1.5 tsp Butter
- 3 drops Green food coloring
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
1. Make a half batches of Rice Krispies Treats using
2.5 tbsp of butter, 2 cups of JET-PUFFED miniature marshmallows and 3 cups of Rice Krispies cereal. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Color the marshmallow green with food coloring before stirring into the cereal. Stir ¼ cup Nerds candy into the mixture.
3. With clean, greased hands roll mixture into balls about ⅓ cup-sized. Set aside.
4. Line a muffin tin with 8 cupcake papers. In the microwave melt 1-cup milk chocolate chips and stir into 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal to coat. Spoon chocolate-coated cereal into the cupcake papers.
5. Stick a milk chocolate chip on the pointed tip of a 6-inch bamboo skewer and place in the chocolate cereal-filled cupcakes papers so the chocolate chip sits on the bottom as a stabilizer. Press chocolate cereal around the skewer to hold it in place. Repeat for all the cups. Chill in fridge until chocolate is set.
6. Top each bamboo skewer with a green topiary ball before serving. Serve immediately.
Add a paper name tag to each topiary to create place setting markers or personalized favors.