Sweet Treat Bouquet
Spring has sprung! Everything is blooming, including these treats. Use these as a takeaway goodie at a party, or give them toa friend--after all, who doesn’t love flowers? (Especially ones you can eat!)
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 5-1/2 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3 drops Pink food coloring
- 3 drops Green food coloring
1. Make one batch of Rice Krispies Treats using 3 tbsp of butter, 4 cups of JET-PUFFED miniature marshmallows and 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
2. Divide the marshmallow mixture in half before stirring in Rice Krispies.
3. Color half the marshmallow pink with food coloring. Stir pink marshmallow into half of the Rice Krispies and the uncolored marshmallow into the other half. Press treats into two separate pans.
4. Make a second batch of Rice Krispies Treats, coloring the marshmallow green with food coloring before stirring into the cereal. Press into a pan and let cool.
5. Cut the green treats into pieces to fit inside a clean flower vase. Cut any extra into leaves for the flowers.
6. Use flower-shaped and round cookie cutters to make flowers and centers out of the regular and pink treats. Thread flowers and leaves onto bamboo skewers and decorate as desired. Stick bamboo stems into the green treats in the vase to stand up.