Sweet Potato Sticks
For an extra nutritional punch, serve these vitamin-A-rich sweet potato sticks instead of French fries.
PREP TIME (MIN): 15
TOTAL TIME (MIN): 45
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
1. Wash potatoes and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices. Cut slices into 1/2-inch strips. Set aside.
2. In shallow pan or plate, combine KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal and spices. Set aside. Place flour in second shallow pan or plate. Set aside. Beat together egg whites and water. Set aside. Coat potatoes with flour, shaking off excess. Dip coated potatoes in egg mixture, then coat with cereal mixture. Place in single layer on foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 400°F about 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve hot with salsa, if desired.