Sushi Treats™ - Rice Krispies®
Get out the chopsticks! These gummy-worm-filled Rice Krispies Treats® are held together by chewy fruit strips and look just like the real deal.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 5 1/2 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 36 gummy worms
- 48 (5 x 1 1/4-inch) strips fruit leather
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
4. Invert pan on cutting board to remove cereal mixture. Lengthwise cut into two 10 x 5-inch rectangles. Crosswise cut each rectangle into six 5 x 2 1/2-inch rectangles. Place 3 gummy worms on top of each piece. Starting with long sides, tightly roll up, completely enclosing gummy worms. Crosswise, cut each roll into four 1 1/4-inch cylinders. Tightly wrap one fruit leather strip around each, trimming ends as needed. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.