Surprise Pumpkin Treats™
There's a sweet surprise inside these ooey, gooey pumpkin shaped goodies. Your kid's favorite fun-sized Halloween candy!
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- Orange food coloring
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 12 MILKY WAY® Brand Minis or 3 MUSKETEERS® Brand Minis
- 6 FUN SIZE® Bars*
- Canned frosting (green)
- 12 small green gum drops
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Tint with orange food coloring.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/2-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into 12 portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into pumpkin shape around one candy piece. Pipe frosting onto each for vines and attach gumdrop for stem. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
To substitute FUN SIZE® bars for the Minis, cut each FUN SIZE® bar in half.