Summer Treats® Pops
Perfect for summer celebrations! Rice Krispies Treats® rolled in chocolate and sprinkles, then served on a stick.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows or 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/2 cup rainbow nonpareil sprinkles
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into nine 5- to 6-ounce paper cups. Insert ice cream stick or cake pop stick into each. Cool completely.
4. In small microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate morsels and shortening. Microwave at high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. ln shallow dish place sprinkles. Peel paper cups off of cereal mixture. Dip each pop into chocolate. Roll in sprinkles. Place on wax-paper lined baking sheet. Cool completely. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.