Sometimes the basics taste the best. These stuffed peppers feature cooked ham and pork in a bell pepper shell.
- 6 medium green bell peppers
- 1/2 pound ground cooked pork
- 1/2 pound ground cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups tomato juice
1. Cut slice from stem ends of peppers. Remove fibrous portion and seeds. Wash. Parboil about 5 minutes in boiling salted water. Drain.
2. Place meats, onion and KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal in medium
mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly. Add seasonings and tomato juice, stirring to combine.
3. Fill green peppers with meat mixture and arrange upright in muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 350° F about 30 minutes or until peppers are tender and done. Serve hot.