Stuffed Peppers - Rice Krispies®
Sometimes the basics taste the best. These stuffed peppers feature cooked ham and pork in a bell pepper shell.
- 6 medium green bell peppers
- 1/2 pound ground cooked pork
- 1/2 pound ground cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups tomato juice
1. Cut slice from stem ends of peppers. Remove fibrous portion and seeds. Wash. Parboil about 5 minutes in boiling salted water. Drain.
2. Place meats, onion and KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal in medium mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly. Add seasonings and tomato juice, stirring to combine.
3. Fill green peppers with meat mixture and arrange upright in muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 350°F about 30 minutes or until peppers are tender and done. Serve hot.