Strawberry Krispies® Hearts
Easy to make and wonderful to receive—these strawberry delights make the perfect indulgence for your Valentine.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows or 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Strawberry Krispies® cereal
- Vanilla frosting (optional)
1. In medium saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S STRAWBERRY KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly. Using 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter coated with cooking spray cut into heart shapes. Decorate with frosting (if desired). Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
• For best results, use fresh marshmallows
• 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows
• Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended
• Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.