Stars & Stripes Rice Krispies Treats™
Create fun, summer memories with the whole family. Make these star-shaped tasty treats (decorated in festive red, white and blue) for any and every summertime holiday or celebration.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) marshmallows
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal with Red and Blue Krispies
- White frosting
- Star-shaped cookie cutter
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal with Red and Blue Krispies. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Let cool.
4. Using a star-shaped cookie cutter coated with cooking spray, cut into star shapes. Cool completely.
5. Drizzle white icing across stars. Let stand until set.