Springtime Garden Plots
4 cups JET-PUFFED marshmallows the kids will love helping you plant this garden full of yummy treats!
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 package (10oz., about 80) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 11 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 12 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Green Food Coloring
- Chocolate sandwich cookies
- Assorted candies
- Decorating gel
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and green food coloring. Stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. For the cookie “dirt,” finely grind a sleeve of chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor.
4. To make vegetables: Carrots are made out of orange gummy candy cut in half on the diagonal. Using a toothpick make a hole in the top of the carrot and add two strips of green sour tape for leaves. The watermelon is a gum ball with stripes drawn onto it using a green food marker. The tomato is a sour cherry ball with a few snips of green sour tape attached to the top.
5. Cut 2 inch squares for the garden plots. Top with some chocolate dirt and a vegetable.
In a microwave-safe bowl heat butter, food coloring, and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow remaining steps above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
-For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
-1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
-Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
-Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
-To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving