Springtime Garden Plots
4 cups JET-PUFFED The kids will love helping you plant this garden full of yummy treats!
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 package (10oz., about 80) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 11 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 12 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Green Food Coloring
- Chocolate sandwich cookies
- Assorted candies
- Decorating gel
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and green food coloring. Stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. For the cookie “dirt,” finely grind a sleeve of chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor.
4. To make vegetables: Carrots are made out of orange gummy candy cut in half on the diagonal. Using a toothpick make a hole in the top of the carrot and add two strips of green sour tape for leaves. The watermelon is a gumball with stripes drawn onto it using a green food marker. The tomato is a sour cherry ball with a few snips of green sour tape attached to the top.
5. Cut 2 inch squares for the garden plots. Top with some chocolate dirt and a vegetable.
In a microwave-safe bowl heat butter, food coloring, and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow remaining steps above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
-For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
-1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
-Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
-Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
-To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving