Spicy Polenta Pancake - Rice Krispies®
The salsa, bean and corn topping gives a kick to the creamy polenta.
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) diced, peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup medium thick and chunky salsa
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
1. In 3-quart saucepan, combine KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal, cornmeal and water. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Continue cooking and stirring constantly, 5 minutes longer. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, pepper, 1 cup of the corn and 1 tablespoon of the cilantro. Spread evenly in 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
2. Bake at 400°F about 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on wire rack. Cut into 12 pieces. While polenta bakes, prepare vegetables.
3. In 12-inch nonstick skillet heat oil. Add onions and garlic. Sauté over medium heat 2 minutes or until onions are tender. Add beans, tomatoes, salsa and remaining 1 cup of corn. Simmer over medium heat 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has been reduced. Stir in remaining cilantro. Serve hot over warm polenta and garnish with Cheddar cheese.