Southwest Sloppy Joes
Sloppy, messy and delicious! This sandwich takes on a southwest flair with chili powder and olives.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced, pitted ripe olives
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 can (16 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes, drained
- 8 hamburger buns
1. In large fry pan, cook ground beef and onion until meat is browned, stirring frequently. Drain off excess drippings. Add remaining ingredients except buns. Stir to combine, cutting tomatoes into pieces with spoon. Cover fry pan. Simmer over low heat about 15 minutes. Serve on toasted buns.