Friendly snowmen made from delicious Rice Krispies Treats® liven up holiday tables.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Black frosting
- Orange frosting
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated. Cool cereal mixture slightly.
3. Using buttered hands, shape cereal mixture into eight 2-inch balls, eight 1 1/2-inch balls and eight 1 1/4-inch balls. (Use about 1/2 cup mixture for each 2-inch ball, about 1/4 cup for each 1 1/2-inch ball and about 2 tablespoons for each 1 1/4-inch ball.) Form each snowman by gently pressing a large, medium and small ball into a stack. Cool completely. Pipe black frosting onto snowmen for eyes, mouths and buttons. Pipe orange frosting onto snowmen for noses. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
• For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
• 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
• Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
• Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.