Snowman Treats™ made with M&M's®
Keep warm in the kitchen by building these snackable snowmen with your kids. Their cute faces, made with M&M'S® brand chocolate candies, will make you melt.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- M&M'S® brand chocolate candies
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Using 4-inch cookie cutter coated with cooking spray cut into snowman shapes. (If desired, use 2-, 1 3/4- and 1 1/2-inch round cookie cutters coated with cooking spray to cut into circles.)
4. Decorate snowmen with frosting and/or M&M'S® brand chocolate candies. (If using circles, for each snowman connect three different sized circles together with frosting. Decorate with remaining frosting and/or M&M'S® brand chocolate candies.) Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 thru 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.