Sesame Cheese Crackers - Rice Krispies®
Sharp cheddar cheese spiked with cayenne pepper. No wonder these crunchy, sesame-seed-coated crackers disappear quickly.
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
1. In large mixer bowl, beat margarine and cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy. Mix in flour, pepper and 1 1/4 cups of the KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal.
2. Combine remaining cereal and sesame seeds in shallow pan or plate. Portion and roll dough into balls using rounded teaspoon. Lightly coat each ball by rolling in sesame seed mixture. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten with floured fork to 1 3/4 inches in diameter.
3. Bake at 350°F about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.
Yield: 5 dozen (60) crackers