Saucy Soft Tacos - Rice Krispies®
Have a fall fiesta for lunch or dinner with these funny-faced tacos. Let your little ones top them with their favorite veggies.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes or salsa
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 12 flour tortillas, 8-inch diameter
- 12 hard taco shells
- Shredded, reduced-calorie Cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Non-fat sour cream
- Chopped chives
- Chopped tomatoes
1. In 12-inch fry pan, cook beef and onions over medium heat until browned. Drain if necessary. Add corn, diced tomatoes, ketchup, KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal, salt and chili powder. Simmer over low heat 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Portion 1/2 cup meat mixture onto half of each tortilla. If using flour tortillas, fold to form soft taco. Garnish with cheese, lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes and salsa, if desired. Serve immediately.