Santa Rice Krispies Treats® Pops
A little white chocolate and some sprinkles turn tasty Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® into jolly Santas.
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 90 min
Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats®Original bars
- 1 package (12 oz.) white chocolate morsels or 12 ounces almond bark or white candy melts
- 1/2 cup red sprinkles
- 1/2 cup white sprinkles
- 4 miniature marshmallows, horizontally halved
- 16 candy eyes
- 8 round red candies (candy-coated chocolate pieces, jelly beans or red cinnamon candies)
1. Unwrap KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES TREATS Original bars. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Use knife to trim corners of treats, creating rounded edges.
2. In small microwave-safe bowl microwave white chocolate morsels at medium-high (70% power) for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
3. In two separate bowls place red sprinkles and white sprinkles.
4. Dip bottom third of one bar into melted chocolate. Repeat for top third, leaving the middle third uncoated. Gently tap bar on side of bowl to remove excess chocolate.
5. For Santa’s beard, quickly dip coated bottom third of bar into white sprinkles. For Santa’s hat, quickly dip top third of bar halfway into red sprinkles, leaving an uncoated white chocolate strip on the bottom edge of the hat. For hat tassel, press one marshmallow half on one side of the white chocolate strip while still warm. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet to cool. (If desired, dip the bars into chocolate and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Then, sprinkle the red and white sprinkles on top.) Repeat with remaining bars.
6. Use toothpick to dab white chocolate onto the back of candy eyes. Press into position on treat. Repeat using white chocolate and red candy for nose.
7. Allow to stand at least 1 hour before serving.