Salmon Cakes with Mustard Sauce
A chilled Dijon dipping sauce adds pizzazz to these savory salmon cakes.
- 1 can (14 3/4 oz.) salmon
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup non-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup light, reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
1. Place salmon and liquid in large mixing bowl. Remove skin and center bone, if desired, and discard. Add remaining salmon pattie ingredients (Rice Krispies Cereal, celery, onion, eggs, lemon juice and pepper) and thoroughly combine. Shape mixture into 6 patties.
2. Coat 12-inch nonstick fry pan with cooking spray. Place over medium heat. When pan is hot, add patties and cook about 4 minutes on each side or until browned, turning once. Serve hot with Mustard Sauce.
3. To make Mustard Sauce, combine sauce ingredients (sour cream, mayonanaise, dill weed and Dijon mustard). Serve with hot Salmon Patties and garnish with tomatoes and green onions.