Rice and Tuna Casserole
Comfort food at its best--a chessy tuna and rice casserole topped with a mixture of Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal and butter.
PREP TIME (MIN): 25
TOTAL TIME (MIN): 40
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cans (5 oz. each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli or sliced carrots
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 teaspoon margarine or butter, melted
1. In large saucepan melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour, salt and paprika. Add milk and mustard. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium-high heat until mixture boils and thickens. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, one-fourth at a time, until melted.
2. In greased 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish layer rice, broccoli, tuna and cheese mixture.
3. In small bowl toss together cereal and 1 teaspoon butter. Sprinkle over top of cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400°F about 18 minutes or until heated through and bubbly around edges. Serve hot.