With some gumdrops, pretzels and a little creativity, you and your little elves can make a whole team of Santa's flying friends.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
cereal Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies®
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Food coloring
- 12 regular pretzel twists
- 12 red gum drops
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Using cookie cutters coated with cooking spray cut twelve 2 1/2-inch circles and twelve 1 1/2-inch circles. Frost the tops of the 1 1/2-inch circles.
4. For each reindeer use frosting to attach one 1 1/2-inch circle, frosting side up, to each 2 1/2-inch circle. Use scraps of the cereal mixture to shape into twenty-four ears. Use frosting to attach ears to each reindeer. Break pretzel twists into pieces. Push two pretzel pieces into each for antlers. Decorate with frosting and gum drops. Best if served the same day.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.