Raisin Peanut Butter Treats™ - Rice Krispies®
Cookie lovers in your household will give thumbs up to these Kellogg's® Rice Krispies Treats® made with peanut butter and raisins.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 5 1/2 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 cup raisins
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until melted.
2. Add KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal and raisins. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Add peanut butter, stirring until melted. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.