Pumpkin and Spice Rolls
These warm, chewy rolls are a tasty way to get your kids interested in baking. They'll get a kick out of tying the dough in knots and watching them rise.
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup very warm water (120-130° F)
1. In large electric mixer bowl, combine KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, 1 cup of the bread flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, yeast, salt and spice. Add pumpkin, oil, egg whites and water. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Switch beaters to dough hooks and gradually add remaining bread flour or stir in by hand. Knead 5 minutes on low speed or by hand 10 minutes, until dough is smooth and satiny. Place dough in large bowl coated with cooking spray. Coat surface of dough with cooking spray. Cover with waxed paper and let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
2. Punch down dough and divide into 18 pieces. Shape each piece into 12-inch rope. Loosely tie rope into knot. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
3. Bake at 375° F about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Serve warm.
Yield: 18 rolls