Pixie Pizza Bites
Individual pepperoni pizzas on extra-cheesy crusts are a sure-fire hit with kids and adults, alike.
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2-3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 package (4 oz.) sliced turkey pepperoni or sliced pepperoni
- 1 package (12 oz.) reduced-fat mozzarella string cheese, cut into 48 pieces
1. In large bowl, combine Monterey Jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, butter, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix in flour, 1/2 cup at a time. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until combined. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing with hands until dough just clings together.
2. Shape mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls. Place on foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. With fork flatten each ball.
3. With adult help bake at 375º F for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Top each round with one slice of pepperoni and one piece of mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375º F about 5 minutes more or until cheese melts.
Prior to topping, the pizza crusts may be frozen. After baking crusts for 10 minutes, transfer them to wire rack and cool completely. Place in airtight container and freeze for up to 1 month. Before using, place frozen crusts on baking sheet. Bake at 375º F about 5 minutes or until thawed. Continue with recipe as directed above.
Kid-friendly Kitchen Tips:
Children of all ages should have an adult assistant with them at all times when cooking.
1. Get kids involved in this recipe by having kids, ages 7 to 9, grate the cheeses and measure it.
2. Chefs, younger than 7 years old, will be especially happy to mix the cheeses and butter together along with the Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal.
3. Kids, older than 9 years and at home in the kitchen, may use a knife to cut the mozzarella string cheese into pieces.