Pineapple and Sausage Appetizer
Sweet and sour flavors lend an Asian flair to this hot appetizer.
PREP TIME (MIN): 30
TOTAL TIME (MIN): 50
- 1 pound spicy pork sausage
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks in juice
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1. Mix together sausage and KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Portion and shape into 1-inch meatballs. Brown meatballs in 12-inch skillet. Drain and set aside.
2. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add enough water to juice to measure 2 cups.
3. In 3-quart saucepan, mix together brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in juice, soy sauce and vinegar. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Reduce heat and add meatballs. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pineapple chunks and green pepper. Simmer 3 minutes longer or until hot. Serve with cocktail picks.
Yield: 3 dozen (36) meatballs