Peppermint Swirl Rice® Krispies Cakes
You’re sure to “sleigh” the holidays with these swirled surprises.
- 3 tbsp. Butter or margarine
- 4 cups Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Cereal with Holiday Colors
- White frosting
- Peppermint candies, crushed
- Peppermint extract (optional)
- Circle cookie cutter
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
1. In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add cereal and stir until well coated.
3. Press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Let cool.
4. Using cookie cutter, cut cooled mixture into circles.
5. Pipe a dollop of white frosting on top of the cut-out treats. (Add peppermint extract to frosting before piping for added flavor)
6. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy and enjoy.