Peek-A-Boo Rice Krispies Treats™
Your kids will have a ghoulishly fun time making these scary eyeballs for Halloween!
- 3 TBSP butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., About 40) Jet-Puffed marshmallows OR 5 ½ cups mini-marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- Vanilla frosting
- Food coloring
- 36 Candy eyes
- Red sprinkles
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Kellogg’s® Cocoa Krispies® cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered hands, shape cereal into 2-inch balls. Flatten slightly. Cool completely.
4. Tint frosting with food coloring. Spread a circle of frosting on each cereal ball. Top with candy eyes. Shake red sprinkles on top. Let stand until set.