Peanut Butter Blossoms
Love peanut butter candy? Then, these delicious candies are sure to become a favorite.
- 1 package (12 oz., 2 cups) peanut butter morsels
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- 1 package (11 1/2 oz., 2 cups) milk chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 48 gem-size candy paper liners
1. In large saucepan, combine peanut butter morsels and margarine. Stir over low heat until morsels melt and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, sugar and peanuts. Mix well. Mixture will be crumbly. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place in candy liners and chill.
2. In small saucepan, combine chocolate morsels and shortening. Stir over low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Pour 1 teaspoon chocolate mixture over each peanut butter ball. Chill until ready to serve. Store in airtight container.
Yield: 4 dozen (48) balls