Peach Spice Muffins - Rice Krispies®
Made with peaches and embellished with crunchy almonds, these cinnamon- and nutmeg-spiced muffins are ideal for weekend brunches.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 can (16 oz.) sliced peaches
- 4 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
1. In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices. Set aside.
2. Drain peaches, reserving liquid. Place peaches, KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal, egg whites and 3/4 cup of the peach liquid in food processor bowl. Using metal blade, process mixture about 45 seconds or until smooth. Add to flour mixture stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 400°F about 23 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and drizzle with mixture of powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons peach liquid or hot water. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve warm.
Yield: 12 muffins