Celebrate Independence Day with this “ooh and ahh” inspiring summertime treat. Create a delectable, edible American flag, perfect for parties, picnics and BBQs. One more wonderful 4th of July tradition for your family.
- 10 oz. marshmallows
- 10 wood skewers
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
1. Follow the Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats™ recipe on the back of cereal box.
2. Using a buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly.
3. Cut out 8 stars with star-shaped cookie cutter coated with cooking spray. Cut the remaining amount into cubes.
4. Use half the skewers to alternate raspberries and Rice Krispies Treats™ cubes.
5. Use the other half to alternate blueberries and Rice Krispies Treats™ stars as well.
6. See recipe image to help guide you in creating the flag design.
7. Finish by outlining the star-shaped Rice Krispies Treats® with white icing.
In a hurry? Simply unwrap 10 Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® Original bars and skip to step