Pa-Treat-Otic Rice Krispies Treats™
Celebrate Independence Day with this "ooh and ahh" inspiring summertime treat. Create a delectable, edible American flag, perfect for parties, picnics and BBQs. One more wonderful 4th of July tradition for your family.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) marshmallows
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- White icing
- Raspberries and blueberries
- 10 wood skewers
- Small star cookie cutter
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using a buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly.
4. Cut out 8 stars with star-shaped cookie cutter coated with cooking spray. Cut the remaining amount into cubes.
5 Use half the skewers to alternate raspberries and Rice Krispies Treats™ cubes.
6. Use the other half to alternate blueberries and Rice Krispies Treats™ stars as well.
7. See recipe image to help guide you in creating the flag design.
8. Finish by outlining the star-shaped Rice Krispies Treats™ with white icing.
Note: In a hurry? Simply unwrap 10 Kellogg's® Rice Krispies Treats® Original Bars and skip to step 3.