A contemporary version of classic fried chicken, this entrée eliminates the need for messy frying, but still delivers a tasty, crisp coating.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 80 min
- 4 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 pounds chicken pieces, washed and patted dry
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
1. Place KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal in shallow dish or pan. Stir in paprika. Set aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, beat egg and milk slightly. Add flour, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Mix until smooth. Dip chicken in batter. Coat with cereal. Place in single layer, skin side up in shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray or foil lined. Drizzle with melted margarine.
3. Bake at 350° F about 1 hour or until chicken is tender, no longer pink and juices run clear. Do not cover pan or turn chicken while baking. Serve hot.