Caramelized onions add a natural sweetness to this savory focaccia.
- 2 teaspoons reduced calorie margarine
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup very warm fat-free milk (120-130° F)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1. In 12-inch nonstick fry pan, melt margarine over medium heat. Add onions and sugar. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. In large electric mixer bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the bread flour, whole wheat flour, KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, yeast and salt. Add milk and oil, mixing on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in remaining flour. Using dough hooks on electric mixer, knead 5 minutes on low speed or by hand about 10 minutes until dough is smooth and satiny. (Dough will be sticky.) Place on 12-inch pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Cover with waxed paper and let rest 10 minutes.
3. With floured hands or spatula coated with cooking spray, flatten dough to edge of pan. Using wooden spoon handle, poke holes at 1-inch intervals. Spread onions evenly over dough and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Cover with waxed paper and let rise 20 minutes or until doubled in size.
4. Bake at 400°F about 17 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges. Serve hot.