On-a-Stick Chicken Strips
Barbecue sauce, ranch salad dressing or honey-mustard salad dressing all make great dipping sauces for these Parmesan-crisped chicken strips.
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- 8 (6-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water for 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Dipping sauces
1. In large re-sealable plastic bag combine KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal, flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Seal bag. Shake to combine ingredients. Pour oil into shallow dish.
2. Dip chicken pieces into oil, letting excess drip off. Place 2 pieces, at a time, into plastic bag containing cereal mixture. Seal bag and shake until chicken is coated with cereal mixture.
3. Carefully thread chicken onto skewers. Place on baking sheet lined with foil and coated with cooking spray. Drizzle chicken pieces with any remaining oil.
4. With adult help, bake at 400° F for 15 minutes.
5. Carefully remove from oven. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
6. Bake at 400° F for 5 to 10 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink.
7. Serve with dipping sauces (if desired).