Oatmeal and Rice Chewies
Oats, coconut and raisins lend a chewy texture and loads of flavor to these delightful cookies.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup golden raisins
1. Stir together flour, soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until well combined. Add eggs, applesauce and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour mixture, mixing until combined. Stir in KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, rolled oats, coconut and raisins. Drop by round teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake at 350° F about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.
Yield: 3 dozen (36) cookies