Nuts About Fruit Cake
Made with dried fruits and candied nuts, this moist, colorful cake makes a delicious holiday gift for friends and family.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 5-1/2 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 5 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit bits
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 6 maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or apple juice
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal, fruit and pecans (if desired). Stir until well coated.
3. Press mixture into six 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 1 1/2-inch pans coated with cooking spray. Cool. Remove from pans.
4. Cut each cherry into 5 slivers. Arrange slivers in shape of flower on top of each loaf.
5. In small bowl whisk together powdered sugar and orange juice. Spoon over loaves. Let stand at least 1 hour. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Continue with recipe as directed above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in single layer on wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.