There's a crunchy surprise sandwiched between strawberry and chocolate ice cream in this fancy little dish. Grab a few spoons to enjoy it together!
- 1 1/2 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
1. Wash and dry two 12-ounce frozen juice concentrate cans. Pack strawberry ice cream into one can. Pack chocolate ice cream into other can. Cover and freeze at least 2 hours or until firm.*
2. Meanwhile, in large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly. Using cookie cutter coated with cooking spray cut into ten 2 1/2-inch circles.
5. Remove ice cream from freezer. Cut or tear paper sides of cans from ice cream. Cut ice cream cylinders into ten slices. In each dessert dish place one slice of strawberry ice cream, one RICE KRISPIES TREAT bar and one slice of chocolate ice cream. Serve immediately.**
Follow step 1 above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 through 5 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
*If desired, omit packing ice cream into frozen juice concentrate cans. Prepare Rice Krispies® Treats® as directed above.
**To serve, in each dessert dish, place one small scoop of strawberry ice cream, one Rice Krispies® Treat® and one small scoop of chocolate ice cream. Serve immediately.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.