Mr Turtle Rice Krispies Cake
Under his shell, this turtle is a total sweetie. Kids and adults alike will get a kick out of this no-bake cake.
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 8 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 5-1/2 JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
1. Make one batch of Rice Krispies Treats® using 3 tbsp of butter, 4 cups of JET-PUFFED miniature marshmallows and 6 cups of Rice Krispies® cereal. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
2. Use food coloring to color the marshmallow green before mixing into cereal.
3. Set aside and make another batch of Rice Krispies Treats®.
4. Using clean, greased hands, make a 3-inch diameter ball out of the green treats for the turtle head and set aside.
5. Grease a 9-inch diameter mixing bowl. Form ½-cup balls of each green and regular treats and fill bowl in an alternate pattern, pressing with each layer to make a solid shape in the bowl. Let cool completely.
6. Meanwhile, melt 1 tbsp butter and 5 marshmallows in a saucepan and stir in 1 cup Cocoa Krispies®. Press mixture into two greased muffin tin cups. When cool, remove from tin and cut in half to form four “feet.”
7. Turn turtle body out of bowl and onto a platter. Place the round head at the top and arrange the chocolate feet around the body.
8. Adhere a licorice smile and nose, and candy eyes with frosting.