Mini Taco Treats - Rice Krispies®
These cute little tacos are sure to be a hit for dessert at the party!! And they are muy, muy bueno!
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 package (10oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 5-1/2 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 3 tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- Assorted candies
- Canned Vanilla Frosting
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
4. Use 3¼ inch round cookie cutters to cut out the taco shells. Fold them in half and use parchment paper to separate them and keep them folded. For the “ground meat,” mix 3 tbsp of creamy peanut butter with 1½ cups of Cocoa Krispies®.
5. To make the tomatoes, cut red gummy candies into quarters. The lettuce is snipped strips of green sour tape. Pipe a squiggle of vanilla frosting onto the tacos for the sour cream.
In a microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow remaining steps above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
-For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
-1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
-Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
-Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
-To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving