Mini Taco Treats
These cute little tacos are sure to be a hit for dessert at the party!! And they are muy, muy bueno!
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 5-1/2 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 3 tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups of Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- Assorted candies
- Canned Vanilla Frosting
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
4. Use 3¼ inch round cookie cutters to cut out the taco shells. Fold them in half and use parchment paper to separate them and keep them folded.
For the “ground meat,” mix 3 tbsp of creamy peanut butter with 1½ cups of Cocoa Krispies.
5. To make the tomatoes, cut red gummy candies into quarters. The lettuce is snipped strips of green sour tape. Pipe a squiggle of vanilla frosting onto the tacos for the sour cream.
In a microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow remaining steps above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
-For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
-1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
-Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
-Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
-To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving