Microwaveable Cocoa Butterscotch Chips
Prepare these chocolatey butterscotch bars five minutes before dinner and they?ll be ready to eat by dessert.
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshamallow creme
- 1 package (12 oz. 2 cups) butterscotch chips
- 5 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
1. In large microwave-safe bowl, combine margarine and marshmallow creme.
Microwave at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in butterscotch chips and microwave and
additional 2 minutes. Stir until mixture is smooth. Stir in KELLOGG'S COCOA
KRISPIES cereal and pecans.
2. Press mixture evenly into a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Chill until firm, about 1 hour. Cut into bars.
Range-Top Directions: Combine cereal and nuts in large mixing bowl. Set
aside. In medium-size saucepan, combine margarine and marshmallow creme. Cook over medium heat until mixture reaches a full boil, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat. Add butter scotch chips, stirring until melted. Quickly
pour mixture over cereal and pecans. Stir until well coated. Follow step 2