Meatloaf - Rice Krispies®
An easy sauce made from just two ingredients, mushroom soup and red wine, transforms home-style meatloaf into company fare.
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup red wine
1. In large mixing bowl, beat egg slightly. Stir in remaining ingredients except ground beef. Let stand about 5 minutes or until KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal softens. Beat well. Add ground beef. Mix until combined. Shape into loaf. Place in shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray or foil lined.
2. Bake at 350° about 1 hour or until well browned and center is cooked (160 degrees F). Serve with Golden Mushroom Sauce.
3. To make sauce, heat soup in small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. Stir in wine. Continue cooking until mixture boils. Serve immediately.
Savory Cheeseburgers: Shape mixture into 8 patties. Place in single layer in greased or foil lined shallow baking pan. Bake at 350 F about 25 minutes. A few minutes before end of baking time, top each pattie with cheese slice. Serve on toasted hamburger buns.
Variation: Horseradish Sauce
(Serve in place of Golden Mushroom Sauce)
1 carton (8 oz., 1 cup) sour cream
1/4 cup prepared horseradish
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon milk
Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate and serve cold.