Martha Washington Pie
This scrumptious cherry-lemon pie is cool and creamy, and has a crispy cocoa-licious crust.
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese softened
- 1 can (15 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can (1 lb. 5 oz.) prepared cherry pie filling
1. Combine corn syrup, sugar, and margarine in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to bubble. Remove from heat. Add KELLOGG'S® COCOA KRISPIES® cereal; stir until well-coated. Press mixture evenly and firmly around sides and in bottom of buttered 9-inch pie pan to form crust. Chill.
2. Place cream cheese in mixing bowl; beat until fluffy. Gradually add sweetened condensed milk; mix thoroughly. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour into chilled pie crust. Refrigerate 1 hour; spread cherry pie filling evenly over cream cheese filling. Return to refrigerator about 1 hour or until thoroughly chilled. Cut into wedges to serve.