Chocolate coating adds another layer of yum to this classic classic Kellogg's® Rice Krispies Treats® recipe.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 5 1/2 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 package (6 oz., 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon shortening
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Divide warm cereal mixture in half. Shape each half into one 12-inch-long roll. Cool.
4. Meanwhile, in small saucepan combine chocolate morsels and shortening. Cook over low heat until melted, stirring constantly. Brush melted chocolate over outsides of rolls. Place on wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Cut into slices. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. In small microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate morsels and shortening. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute or until melted, stirring every 15 seconds. Continue with recipe as directed above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.